When Apple introduced the Apple AirTag, it was lauded as the future of shopping, enabling people to easily pay for products at physical stores with just the tap of their iPhones. But what exactly is an Apple AirTag, and how does it work? Below, we’ll give you the lowdown on how this groundbreaking technology works to make retail shopping easier than ever before.
If you’re thinking about buying an Apple AirTag, or if you already have one and want to know more about it, it’s important to understand how the device works and what sets it apart from other tags in its class.
Apple’s new AirTag accessory uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) technology to keep track of and locate your belongings. The tag itself is powered by a CR2032 coin cell battery, which should last for about a year with normal use. When you lose an item that has an AirTag attached to it, the Find My app on your iPhone will help you track it down.
If you can’t find your item right away, click the I can’t find my AirTag button in the app to generate a custom URL to share with friends or family members. You can also create geofences within the Find My app so that if someone comes within 50 feet of your lost AirTag they’ll receive a notification on their device asking them if they’ve seen it.
Precision Findings can be combined with
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
Setting Up the Tag
Before you can start using your Apple AirTag, you need to set it up. This process is simple and only takes a few minutes. Here’s what you need to do:
System Requirements and Compatibility:
- Apple ID
- iPhone and iPod touch models with iOS 14.5 or up
- iPad models with iPadOS 14.5 or up
1. -Get the Apple AirTag app from the App Store.
2. -Open the app and sign in with your Apple ID.
3. -Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your tag. The setup should be complete within five minutes.
4. -Tap Done at the bottom of the app and then tap Done again to exit out of the app completely.
5. -Your AirTag will now appear in your device’s Bluetooth menu (usually listed as Airtag).
6. -To connect your Apple AirTag to an iPhone or iPad, open the Settings app and select Bluetooth.
7. -Select Airtag and follow the prompts to pair your phone or tablet with your tag.
8. -You’ll see two buttons for Search for Devices or Forget this Device.
9. -To unpair or disconnect from an AirTag, just go back into Settings > Bluetooth > Airtag > Forget this Device button
If you want to switch between tags, make sure that your AirTags are close enough to each other. If they’re too far apart, they won’t automatically sync. Once the tags are paired with each other, they’ll stay paired until one of them is deleted by clicking Forget this Device under Settings > Bluetooth.
The Use Case
The Apple AirTag will help you keep track of your possessions. You can attach it to anything you don’t want to lose- like your keys, wallet, or backpack- and then use the Find My app to keep track of it. If you misplace an item that has an AirTag attached to it, you can ask Siri to help you find it. And if your AirTag is out of Bluetooth range, the Find My network can still detect its location. When you’re ready to get close enough for the AirTag’s Bluetooth signal, an alert will appear on your phone so you know where to go. Once you’re within 30 feet of the lost item, AirTag syncs with your phone and tells you exactly how far away it is from your current location. You’ll also be able to see a map showing where the device was last seen on a timeline as well as in real time.
Advantages of Apple AirTag
1. You can keep track of your belongings: Attach an AirTag to anything you don’t want to lose, and then use the Find My app to keep track of it. If your AirTag is lost, you can put it into Lost Mode, and anyone who finds it can tap it with their iPhone or NFC-capable device to get your contact information. The phone will also ring if you’ve misplaced it in another room and can be silenced by tapping again.
2. The battery lasts for up to one year: The small coin cell battery inside an AirTag is designed to last for up to two years before needing a replacement (about the same as Apple Watch). The AirTag’s battery should last around a year on average. The battery can be replaced with another CR2032 lithium coin battery.
3. With a simple Bluetooth connection, the tag works across most operating systems: So even if someone steals your laptop at a coffee shop, they won’t be able to leave without taking your bag too! And because AirTags work across platforms like Android, Windows Phone and BlackBerry devices, this security measure doesn’t limit you to one brand of mobile phone.
4. Finally have peace of mind when on vacation: When you’re away from home for a long time, not knowing where your luggage is can cause anxiety.
Disadvantages of Apple AirTag
Apple AirTag is a new product that allows you to keep track of your belongings. However, there are some disadvantages to using this product.
- First, the battery size is very small but user-replaceable, so you will need to keep track of when you need to replace the batteries.
- Second, Apple AirTag only works with iOS devices, so if you have an Android phone, you won’t be able to use it.
- Third, the price is a bit high at $29 for one tag.
- It only works with Apple IOS iPhone devices.
If you want to buy more than one, then the cost increases to $49. You also have to pay monthly fees of $4.99 per month for online services and a subscription fee of up to 2% on lost or stolen items that Apple AirTag can’t find if it even locates them in the first place!